COMMUNITY ART COUNSELLING - PART TIME
A unique psychoanalytically informed training, focusing on creative group work and psychodynamic thinking. The training is experiential and each student as part of their training requirement sets up a group within a community setting (including the NGO sector and Government). These placements will be in addition to the standard course hours. This work is supervised by psychotherapists from the Institute of Psychoanalytic Child Psychotherapy (IPCP) and South African Psychoanalytic Confederation (SAPC). The training is run in partnership with Department of Arts and Culture. The Introduction To Community Art Counselling course is available as block training.
The course covers but is not limited to:
- Introduction to psychoanalytic and psychodynamic thinking and theory as applied to community art counselling
- Group Therapy practice and theory
- Exposure to a range of art making activities including clay, sand and collage
- Ethics, organisational skills, social entrepreneurship and business/project planning
- Experience, understand and apply art counselling skills with individuals and in group settings
- Demonstrate and apply art counselling theory to the realms of HIV/Aids, trauma, abuse, loss, bereavement and disability
- working with children and adults
- Undertake an internally and externally supervised placement
For more information on training & applications, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEVELOPMENT OF THE PROFESSION
In a South African first, our pending SETA application will ensure that students and alumni of our course will soon be eligible for assessment for HWSETA accreditation. We are also in the process of lodging the Community Art Counselling course as a new mid- level profession with the HPCSA (application will be finalised in 2017). Further to this in another exciting development, we are also collaborating with University of Johannesburg in implementing the first South African Post-Graduate Diploma and Masters in Art Therapy in 2016/17.
Join our Facebook page to stay informed of our monthly workshops and programs or click here